It seemed apparent that the rapper had died from a drug overdose after first responders were called to his San Fernando Valley, Calif. home on Sept. 7, 2018. Mac Miller’s assistant reportedly found the rapper in a “praying position,” which TMZ described as “kneeling forward with his face resting on his knees.” There was an empty bottle of alcohol on his nightstand, and various bottles of prescription pills, including Xanax, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and generic Adderall found in his home. But it wouldn’t be until Nov. 5, 2018 — almost two months after his death — that the public would learn what really took Miller’s life.
The Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office released its toxicology findings, which were later shared by TMZ, and investigators ruled that the “My Favorite Part” MC died from “mixed drug toxicity.” Fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol were reportedly listed in the report.
Though the amount of drugs and alcohol in his systems weren’t necessarily a lethal dose, TMZ reported it was the combination of all of the substances that killed the rapper.